How to Maintain Garage Floors?
Searching for a few effective tips on how to maintain garage floors? You should know that you can gather a lot of information from different sources including the Internet and home improvement magazines. All you have to do is to consider searching for these tips online and reading articles that talk about improving and maintaining the attractiveness of your garage floors. Among the tips that can definitely help you maintain the appearance of your garage are the following:
1. Sweep your garage floor regularly. Prevent dirt from accumulating and save the garage floor from unsightly stains that have formed through the years. Accumulated dirt has the tendency to leave an unattractive mark into your garage floor especially when it combines with water and seeps into the porous concrete surface.
2. Us e a sponge and heavy-duty cleaner to scrub your garage floor. Bear in mind that there are a lot of things that regular sweeping cannot remove and these include oils and any other fluids from your vehicles that can cause your floor to get stained. Scrubbing the garage floor may be done occasionally if you are already sweeping it every day.
3. Use the right garage floor paint or coating to change its dull and boring look into a brighter one. You have to consider painting your floor with a sealant or paint because this is extremely useful in making it look more attractive. Aside from that, the paint is also effective in covering small holes, cracks and patches in your floor. Just make sure that you choose the right color and style sensibly to increase your chances of making your floor look newer and more polished. If you are unfamiliar about the best paints that you can use, then you should consider getting the help of an expert in this field.
4. Check the amount of moisture present in your concrete garage floor before applying your chosen paint or sealant. This is one of the most effective how to maintain garage floors tips that you should never fail to follow. Among the major signs of moisture are white powders and crystals. To test the amount of moisture in your garage floor, a plastic or a rubber mat should be taped into some parts of your floor and leave it on for at least twenty-four hours. If after removing the plastic or the rubber mat you notice that there is condensation, then your floor have enough moisture that may negatively affect the application of the paint or sealant. Make sure that you completely dry your floor before painting or sealing it to get the best results.
5. Make the garage concrete surface even. This how to maintain garage floors tip is effective in ensuring that your floor continues to maintain its attractive appearance even after several years. You can make the surface even by using a chisel or any other scraping equipment to scrape the rough spots from your floor. You should also regularly vacuum the surface to get rid of all dust and use a patching cement to patch all cracks.